Monday, September 17, 2007

NUTTY CHOCOLATE CAKE

I was so free yesterday until I found myself baking a cake which I seldom do. Although I’m a pretty excellent baker (kanasai!), I will only get my hands dirty when there’s a big party or festive season. That’s when you’ll see me sweating out in the kitchen armed with a spatula and eggs. So for today’s lesson, I’m gonna bake a nutty chocolate cake.

all you need is 5 eggs, 240grms of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 250grms unsalted butter, 140grms caster sugar, 140grms condesed milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 2 teaspoon of chocolate powder, lots of chopped hazel nut, almonds and chocoloate chips

beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add in the eggs one at a time. Mix well and add in the condesed milk, flour and baking powder.

after the mixture is well blended, add in the cocoa powder, almonds, hazel nuts and peanut butter. Mix until evenly blended.

pour into a greassed baking tin and top with chocolate chips. Baked in the over at 160 degrees for 45 minutes over a tray of water.

the end result of my hard work and sweats. Yummy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your cake looks so yummy!!

alexcjlau said...

Indeed it is. My 1st attempt and it turn to be good. Hehehe! U look even busier nowadays. Want to look 4 u also scare. Hahaha!

Bokonon said...

I love the use the the garnish to tart up the picture - very professional LOL

Seriously, it looks delicious. Do you deliver?

alexcjlau said...

Deliver? Hmmm..... the cost of delivery will be double than the cake itself.