Thursday, September 06, 2007

DILEMMA



I did something really stupid the other day. I was supposed to go for an interview in KL but I turn it down at the last minute. To make things worse, this job was applied by me personally. I thought of a change in environment so I applied for this job in KL. I thought I was ready for the move back to KL but I wasn’t sure. I think the comfort of home makes me reluctant and lazy to move back to KL whereby I have to slave everyday. But, I do miss the pace and life style there, most importantly the higher pay and better opportunity. I guess I’m in a dilemma now. Help please!

2 comments:

Bokonon said...

Difficult one :-/

It sounds like you may have lost the opportunity to get this specific job, but feel some need for change? I think we're better able to handle change when we're younger, so it may be better to make a move to KL now than, say, in 5-10 years time?

I'm probably not saying anything you don't know by stating that higher paying jobs usually come with more responsibility, longer hours, more stress, etc. etc.

On the other hand, more money usually means we can do the kinds of things we want to more easily (travel, live in a nice apartment, have a more varied/exciting social life, etc. etc.)

You might also want to consider the kind of job you'd like, and where you would like to live, in a few years time. It may be that moving to KL to get a particular job now (even if it's not one you would particularly like) might be the only way you can achieve your longer-term goals.

Just some random thoughts. Good luck.

alexcjlau said...

Hmm..... Thx pal! Will see what's gonna happen next. Still got a few jobs interview lined up.